1/2 cup Toor Dal
1/4 cup masoor dal/red lentils
1 small size onion
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
1 clove chopped garlic
2-3 curry leaves
1 red chili (optional)
1 cup water
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon red chili powder
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
1/2 tablespoon garam masala(optional)
- Take a boiling pan or pressure cooker. Add nicely washed toor and masoor dal in a 1 cup water.
- Add tomato, turmeric powder and salt to it and bring it to boil.
- Now prepare for tempering (tadka)
- Heat oil/ ghee in a deep pan on high. Add cumin seeds and chopped garlic and curry leaves to it.
- Now add chopped Onion and fry till nice and crisp. Add garam masala and pour the mixture to boiled dal. Cook for a min and serve hot with rice and chapattis