Homemade food recipes

Homemade food recipes
Check below to read the recipes in detail

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Aaloo Paratha/Potato Stuffed Flat Bread

Ingredients

1/2 cup wheat flour
oil spray
2 medium size boiled potatoes
salt to taste
pinch of red chili powder
chopped green chillies(optional)
chopped coriandar leaves(optional)
pinch of cumin powder

Preparation Method
  • Knead the dough with wheat flour and keep it aside for few minutes.
  • Take a bowl and add grated or mashed boiled potatoes, salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder,, chopped green chillies, coriandar powder and mix well.
  • Roll them into round shape and fill the stuffing. Draw the edges towards the center to cover the mixture. Press the resulting dough gently and dust it with flour.
  • Now roll back into parathas of your shape and serve hot with chutney, curd/yogurt, gravy, and butter whatever you like.

15 comments:

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

That is one of my husbands favorites :) And if honestly, he's usually making them, I just help him :D

Satya said...

aloo paratha looks tasty ... my all time fav

Satya

http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

TiffKey said...

I didn't realize making aloo paratha was so easy! Thanks for sharing!!!

Gayathri Kumar said...

My fav paratha..

Pushpa said...

Aloo paratha with the pickle looks delicious...

Kim K. said...

MMm!! I'm excited about this one!! Thank you!

Maralyn said...

This sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious paratha a favourite stuffing

Carolyn said...

This looks so good! I am sure this would be a big hit with me and my husband, although perhaps not my kids. Who cares about the kids, though! Giving it a little buzz on foodbuzz!

Priya Sreeram said...

good one !

Priya Suresh said...

Thats a delicious and damn tempting paratha..

Anonymous said...

One of Vijay's favorites, I buy them whenever I find freshly made at the market. Now I can try out your recipe and surprise him!

CakeWhiz said...

My mom used to make this for me for breakfast over the weekends. I have tried making them myself after getting married but they just never turn out like hers. But, your parathas look just like my mom's :D
________________
www.cakewhiz.com

garlutti said...

Hi .. visiting your blog again ... I love you posted these breads are very tasty. greetings from Spain MARIMI

Peggy G. said...

I love seeing different variations of flat bread! Looks delicious =)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger