2 egg yolks
1/2 cup caster sugar
300 grams mascarpone cheese or any cheese cream available at home
400 grams thickened cream/ heavy whipped cream
1 pack Savoiardi lady fingers
1 cup cold espresso/any coffee you like
2 teaspoon any essence you like(vanilla, rum, fruit etc)
coco powder for dusting
1. Take a large bowl, combine egg yolks and caster sugar and whisk them together so that sugar melts nicely with the egg yolks.
2. Now add mascarpone cheese to the egg yolks and sugar mixture and mix them well.
3. Once you have done that add the thickened cream into the mixture and fold them together gently.
4. Now add the essence/ liqueur to the mixture and fold the mixture again.
5. Take a bowl with cold espresso coffee with few drops of your favorite essence and set aside.
6. Split the lady fingers in half, and line the bottom and sides of a large glass bowl. Brush with coffee liqueur.
7. Spoon half of the cream filling over the lady fingers. Repeat ladyfingers, coffee liqueur and filling layers.
8. Garnish with chocolate curls and Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
9. Just before serving, sieve the coco powder on top of the Tiramisu and top it with caramelized almonds. Enjoy!!!
For caramelized almonds:
Dry roast the almonds on medium heat and add icing sugar to it. Mix them well so that almonds are nicely coated with the icing. Refrigerate them for about 10 minutes and you will have crunchy caramelized Almonds.
For Chocolate Curls: Use a vegetable peeler and run it down the edge of the chocolate bar.
For Coco powder dusting: Do not sieve the coco powder on Tiramisu before refrigerating. This has to be just before serving otherwise coco powder would taste bitter.