15 dry chilies
3 fresh chilies
3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp coconut milk
20 grams dried Anchovies
1 sliced Onion/ shallot
1 tbsp tamarind paste
Salt and sugar to taste
water as required
Oil to fry
1. Take dried and fresh red chilies, half of washed dried anchovies and garlic cloves and blend them into a fine paste.
2. Now take a small pan and fry rest of the dried anchovies in oil and keep them aside.
3. Add little more oil in the same pan and cook the blended paste until its dark red in color.
4. Keep stirring it until all the water evaporates and releases oil on top. Now add sliced onions and cook for 3-4 mins.
4. Now add the coconut milk and tamarind paste and cook for another minute. Add salt and sugar to it as per the taste and cook for another 2 mins.
5. Finally add the fried anchovies before serving with Nasi Lemak (coconut rice).